Peer into the magic looking glass and come on a fantastical journey with Alice and the White Rabbit. Victorian Opera’s latest production for kids and families, Alice through the Opera Glass, takes you to an alternative opera universe filled with the best music from the most famous operas.
Let Alice and the White Rabbit lead you through the corridors of time to meet familiar opera characters in this wonderfully creative pastiche which includes music from Bizet, Delibes, Handel, Mozart and Verdi.
Unpredictable enchantment will be the order of the day, as well as a chance to hear the very best young singers perform with a live orchestra.
Encounter the joy of music, the fun of discovery and the magic of theatre in one special hour. Staged at Arts Centre Melbourne’s Playhouse at three family-friendly times (11am, 2pm and 5pm), Alice Through the Opera Glass is the perfect introduction to opera for the whole family.
5 reasons to join Alice and the White Rabbit on their adventure
- This captivating pastiche opera is perfect for families looking for an hour’s entertainment.
- Revisit Lewis Carroll’s timeless story and follow familiar characters on a magical journey to new and exciting places.
- Discover the best moments from opera’s ‘greatest hits’, featuring beautiful melodies from Mozart, Verdi and Bizet.
- See the joy on your youngsters’ faces as you introduce them to the wonders of opera and live orchestral music.
- Enjoy family fun and create lasting memories with the children in your life.
Friday 14 June, 1:00pm – Relaxed Performance*
Saturday 15 June, 11:00am, 2:00pm**, 5:00pm
For more information and to book tickets visit https://www.victorianopera.com.au/season/alice-through-the-opera-glass