Baked Salted Chocolate Tart.
Up your dessert game with gorgeous looking tart!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes + chilling
Baking Pan: Wiltshire Perforated Quiche & Tart Pan 23.5cm
- 150g butter
- ¼ cup (55g) icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 ½ cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp iced water
- 1 cup (250g) pure cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 120g dark 70% chocolate, chopped
- 120g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 400g watermelon
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- Raspberries and dried edible rose petals (optional)
- To make the pastry, place butter, sugar, vanilla and flour in a food processor and whiz until fine breadcrumbs form. Add egg yolk and 1 tbsp iced water and pulse until it forms a ball. Add more water if required. Form into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to fit a Wiltshire Quiche & Tart Pan 23.5cm. Press pastry into tin and trim excess with a sharp knife. Prick base all over with a fork. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Line pastry with baking paper and fill with Wiltshire Baking Beads. Bake on a baking tray for 12 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove baking beads and paper. Return to oven for a further 12 minutes or until golden and dry. Remove base from oven, and reduce the oven to 160°C.
- Place cream, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil then pour over chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Stand for 2 minutes then stir until smooth and combined. Add egg and salt flakes and whisk to combine. Pour into cooked tart base. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until surface has only a slight wobble to it. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours if not overnight.
- Remove from the pan before serving. Use a melon baller to create small rounds of watermelon. Arrange on tart with pistachios, berries and rose petals. Slice, serve & enjoy!
Want more from Mama? Get the latest MamaMag fun straight to your inbox.