There’s no denying it, lockdown has led to a lot of baking. People around the world are embracing their inner Martha Stewart’s in the kitchen, curating delicious meals and decadent treats. Now don’t get me wrong, while this may bring happiness to and otherwise turbulent, unsettling time… if we were to be real: all these baked creations are also not too kind on the waistline.
Packed with a punch of flavour and nutrients, global health brand Amazonia has enlisted Healthy Luxe to create sweet treats that are actually good for you.
Turmeric latté slice, packed with flavour and nutrients featuring the Amazonia Golden Latté, a blend of warming spice mix inspired by the Ayurvedic ‘Golden Milk’ tradition. Turmeric has a vibrant colour and full-bodied flavour and is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Combined with nourishing Ayurvedic spices Cinnamon, Clove and Ginger, it’s a delicious and comforting health blend.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. It’s also really quick and easy to make – the only time-consuming part is waiting for the cake to set.
TURMERIC LATTÉ SLICE
8 serves | Prep time: 15 minutes | Setting time: 4-5 hours
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup buckinis
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 5 medjool dates
- 1/2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
- 3/4 cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 tsp Amazonia Golden Latté
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined square spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the turmeric filling.
- Combine all ingredients for the turmeric layer in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon on top of the base and place in freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight to set.
- Allow to thaw before serving and drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
Image credit: Healthy Luxe
Want more from Mama? Get the latest MamaMag fun straight to your inbox.