This delicious sorbet recipe is so refreshing on a hot Summers day. Whip up a batch now ready to have on hand in the freezer.
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or lime)
- 3 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- Combine sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Blend watermelon in a blender or food processor until pureed. Stir pureed watermelon into sugar mixture. Transfer watermelon mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Or pop in a container, cover surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, sorbet should ripen in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Freeze watermelon chunks overnight.
Place the frozen watermelon chunks in food processor or heavy duty blender, along with lemon juice, and allow to sit for 5 minutes to slightly thaw.
Blend until smooth. You may need to add some warm water and press down with a spatula to help the process along.
Eat immediately for a softer texture, or transfer into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.