Looking for something to whip up for your mum this Mother’s Day? We have found some of the yummiest sweet treats you could ever imagine. They are sure to make her drool in delight.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Super cute, incredibly tasty and just the right amount of love.
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla essence
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Baking Blend
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp natural food colouring
- Repeat the above to create multiple colours
- Fro Pro No Added Sugar Ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a large-size bowl, add all the ingredients mix until combined.
- Repeat this recipe 2-3 times to create the marble look.
- In a bowl carefully combine the coloured doughs and then roll this mixture out between greaseproof paper until you have the desired marbling.
- Carefully cut the cookies into the desired size (heart shape cutter), remember they will get 1⁄4 larger when cooked.
- Bake the cookies for 12-18 minutes or until the edges are crisp. If you bake your cookies for a shorter amount of time, they will be crisp on the outside and like a brownie on the inside. If you bake your cookies for a longer time, they will be crisp all of the way through.
- Once cool take your favourite sugar free ice cream place a scoop between two cookies press together and enjoy with your special someone.
Vegan Berry Meringues
The Perfect Vegan Dessert. Full stop. There’s berries, there’s fluffy meringue and most importantly there’s rose petals.
Makes 8 Meringue Nests
- liquid from 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Baking Blend
Coconut whipped cream
- 1 cup full fat coconut, solids only
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Pure Icing Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- White Cacao Butter
- Dried Rose Petals
- Place the chickpea liquid in a stand-up mixer with the whisk attachment. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract. Whip on high for 5-6 minutes until the aquafaba has formed medium-stiff peaks. During that time, slowly add the Baking Blend, about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Pipe the meringue nests about 2 inches in diameter on a parchment-lined baking sheet. With a spoon, create a well in the middle. Bake at 90 degrees for 2 hours, until firm.
- To make coconut whipped cream, whip up coconut solids with a handheld mixer. Add Lakanto Icing Powder and vanilla extract and whipped until the coconut cream is similar in texture to whipped cream.
- Once meringues have baked, top with about 1 tablespoon of coconut whipped cream each and 3-4 berries. Drizzle melted cacao butter and sprinkle with dried rose petals.
- Serve immediately.