Follow our step by step instructions to make some gorgeous DIY Poppy’s with the kids this Anzac Day.
What you need
- 1 x piece of red A4 paper
- 1 x green pipe cleaner for stem
How to make
- Measure and cut two 10cm x 10cm squares from the red paper.
- Fold each square into quarters and then fold on the diagonal, so that each folded edge meets and the cut edge is along the top.
- Now mark out a curve on the triangle shape. Cut along that curve.
- When you open it out, you should have a red flower shape. Make two.
- Snip a hole in the centre of each red flower shape, push the stem through the centre and tie a knot or twist to keep it in place.
- Add a dab of glue to the underside of the flower where it meets the stem, for good measure.