Ready, set, run! Support young Australians experiencing mental health issues by taking part in Sydney’s most scenic fun run, The Sydney Harbour Run.
Young Australians across the country are currently facing a mental health crisis. To support Australia’s youth, The Real Insurance Sydney Harbour Run, 10K and 5K will take place on 25 July 2021 and registrations are now open for the event.
The fun run is an exciting day out to fundraise for The Sebastian Foundation and help young Australians with their mental health through the Open Parachute program which provides online video-based wellbeing programs for school students in years 5 to 12.
Set against the backdrop of Sydney’s breathtaking harbour, The Real Insurance Sydney Harbour Run 10K and 5K is a certified accurate flat course with incredible views. It can be enjoyed by walkers and runners of all abilities with both 10km and 5km options available.
About The Sebastian Foundation
The Sebastian Foundation proudly support Open Parachute, a program that can help all the kids of Australia address and accept mental health issues before they become problematic.
Young people face unprecedented pressures in school, on social media, and in navigating adolescence.
- 1 in 5 Australians experience a mental or behavioural condition in any year, and over half will experience a mental health issue in their life-time
- 1 in 10 teenagers reported they have engaged in self harm
- 1 in 5 girls aged 16-17 meet the criteria for clinical depression
- 54% of people with mental health issues don’t seek any treatment
- Suicide is the leading cause of death for young Australians aged between five and 17.
- The WHO estimates that depression will be the number one health concern in both the developed and developing nations by 2030
“We have both been touched by mental health issues, having lost loved ones to suicide” says Jules Sebastian.
“Our hope for all the kids of Australia is the same hope we have for our own children, to grow up resilient, happy and strong.”
“The Sebastian Foundation is proud to support Open Parachute, a program that can help all the kids of Australia address and accept mental health issues before they become problematic.”
“This in school program helps teenagers to cope with the toughest issues they face including bullying, depression, anxiety, addiction, racism, trauma, suicide, abuse, boundaries and consent, peer pressure, isolation and body image.”
” Every $20 dollars raised in the Real Insurance Sydney Harbour 5 and 10K race will allow us to put another child through the program”
Register now for the Real Insurance Sydney Harbour 10k and 5k at www.sydneyharbour10k.com.auand make a commitment to your winter fitness. Sunday July 25, 2021