Australia’s leading premium home appliances retailer, Winning Appliances, has an in-house team of culinary chefs and experts. When they’re not busy in the Winning Appliances showrooms cooking up a storm on various appliances, they also dedicate their time to developing the most delicious and beautiful recipes for Australians to enjoy, including this delicious Frenched Lamb Rack with Toasted Pistachio Herb Crust.
Frenched Lamb Rack with Toasted Pistachio Herb Crust
Serves 6 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cook time: 60 mins
2 Frenched lamb racks, fat trimmed (6-9 bones per rack)
2 tbsp herbs de Provence
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup (150g) pistachios, toasted, finely chopped
2 tbsp (40g) breadcrumbs, toasted
2 tbsp garlic oil
¼ cup (60g) Dijon mustard
2 tbsp walnut honey
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high.
- Pat lamb dry with kitchen paper and coat with herbs de Provence; season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium cast-iron skillet on the gas cooktop on the side burner; add lamb and brown on all sides for 5-7 minutes or until golden. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix pistachios, bread crumbs and garlic oil.
- Combine Dijon mustard and honey; brush all over the lamb; press pistachio mixture over lamb, ensuring the mustard layer is totally covered.
- Preheat BBQ to medium-low and set up for indirect cooking*.
- Place the lamb rack on the grill (away from the heat source) and close the lid.
- After 20 minutes, wrap each bone with foil to prevent over-blackening. Continue cooking, with lid on, for a further 15 minutes, or until the core temperature of the lamb reaches 50-52⁰C when using a temperature probe.
- Once the desired temperature is reached, remove from the heat, rest for 5-7 minutes before slicing in 2 bone increments. Serve immediately.
by Russell Crossdale, BBQ and Outdoor Culinary Expert at Winning Appliances
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the links there is no extra cost to you but MamaMag will be paid a small commission on your sales which helps us to keep MamaMag free!