These edible Christmas gifts are bound to delight any lucky receiver – be it the kids school teacher or dear old Grandpa.
Packaged up and placed under the Christmas tree, these are the perfect sweet treat. They make an ideal present for those chocoholic friends!
Fudgy Choc Chunk Brownies
PREP TIME: 45 minutes | COOKING TIME: 35 minutes | SERVES: 8 trees and 16 presents
● 200g 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
● 400g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
● 160g unsalted butter, chopped
● 330g (11⁄2 cups) CSR Brown Sugar
● 4 eggs
● 100g (2⁄3 cup) White Wings Plain Flour, sifted
● 40g Dutch-process cocoa, sifted
● 250g (2 punnets) raspberries
● 100g white chocolate, melted
● Sprinkles, sugar stars, chocolate stars to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm round cake pan and a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine 200g dark chocolate, 200g milk chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stir until smooth. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Whisk sugar, eggs and a large pinch of salt in an electric mixer on high for 5 mins until fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Fold in flour and cocoa.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared tins. Scatter raspberries and rest of milk chocolate chunks. Bake for 25-30 mins, cool completely in tins.
- Place brownies on a clean work surface. Cut round brownie into 8 wedges and square brownie into 16 portions, place on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate, top with white chocolate stars and scatter with sprinkles to decorate. Place in fridge to set. Tie each brownie square with decorative ribbon to form a present. Divide brownie trees and brownie presents among gift boxes.
Milk Choc Ganache Tarts with Candy Cane Meringues
PREP TIME: 1 hour plus chilling and cooling | COOKING TIME: 2 hours and 20 minutes | SERVES: 12
● 2 packets White Wings Milk Choc Ganache Tart
● 2 egg yolks
● 80g unsalted cold butter, cubed
● 170ml thickened cream
● 1 x White Wings Pav Magic Egg 125g
● 1⁄8 tsp – 1⁄4 tsp peppermint essence
● Red gel food colouring
● 125g (1 punnet) raspberries
● Baby mint leaves, to serve
- Prepare and bake White Wings Milk Choc Ganache Tarts as directed.
- Preheat oven to 100°C Convention/ 80°C fan-forced. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Prepare White Wings Pav Magic mix as directed. Add peppermint essence to taste.
- Run a skewer dipped in food colouring down the sides of a large piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle to form six stripes.
- Spoon one-quarter of the meringue mixture into the piping bag. Discard the remaining. Pipe mixture to form mini meringues, about 2cm in diameter, 3cm apart. Bake for 1 1⁄2 hours to 2 hours until dry to the touch. Turn off oven and cool completely in the oven with door closed.
- Top tarts with meringues, raspberries and mint to serve.
TIP: This recipe requires only 1⁄4 batch Pav Magic Egg. Excess meringue can be used to make extra mini meringues or even a larger style pavlova if desired. Freeze for up to one month in airtight containers layered with baking paper.
Christmas Tree Scroll
PREP TIME: 35 minutes | COOKING TIME: 20 minutes | SERVES: 11
● 1 packet White Wings Cinnamon Scroll Mix
● 1 egg
● 120g unsalted butter, melted
● 100ml lukewarm milk
● 20ml cold milk
● Egg wash: 2 eggs yolks mixed 1 tbs milk, to brush
● Green and red M&Ms, to decorate
- Prepare and prove dough as directed. Make cinnamon butter as directed.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets baking paper to make a 35xm x 25cm rectangle. Spread with cinnamon butter. leaving a 1cm border. Brush border with egg wash.
- Starting with the longest side, roll tightly to enclose the filling. Trim ends to form a 33cm long log. Using a serrated knife, cut into 11 even pieces, about 3cm each.
- Brush the sides of the scrolls with egg wash, then using the image as a guide, arrange the scrolls in the shape of a Christmas tree. Reserve egg wash.
- Cover with a damp tea towel/ cling loosely and set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Convention / 180°C, fan-forced. Brush scrolls all over with remaining egg wash. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Prepare glaze as directed. Drizzle over scrolls and scatter with M&Ms. Serve warm.