So delicious! A tasty fresh lemon pesto pasta salad with a little zesty zing for those warm Summer days.
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 30 mins
½ cup 125ml light olive oil
60g blanched almonds
1 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon rind
130g Grated Parmesan
1 tsp flakes salt
¼ tsp pepper
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
400g cherry tomatoes, halved
4 basil leaves
100g green beans, trimmed
1 packet (500g) fusilli pasta
200g Bocconcini mozzarella cut in quarters
Toasted flaked almond
- Pour the olive oil and rocket into a food processor, blend for about 30 seconds until the ingredients are combined but not totally smooth. Scrape down the side and continue blending, add almond, half the garlic, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and rind, half of the salt and pepper. Gradually add the remaining olive oil and blend until all the ingredients are just combined.
- Into a bowl let tomatoes infuse with extra virgin olive oil, the other half of the garlic, the remaining salt, fresh basil leaves and lemon rind for 20 min.
- Bring some water to a boil and blanch the green beans for 4 min, drain and soak them in iced water for 5 min, then cut in 2 cm pcs.
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions, reserving ⅓ of cooking water, toss cooked pasta with pesto and reserved cooking water, add the tomatoes,green beans, bocconcini, toasted almond flakes, and the remaining grated parmesan, serve immediately.
- Pesto can be kept into the fridge up to 5 / 6 days
- Pesto can also been frozen and used when necessary
Australia’s leading premium home appliances retailer, Winning Appliances, has an in-house team of culinary chefs and experts. When they’re not busy in the Winning Appliances showrooms cooking up a storm on various appliances, they also dedicate their time to developing the most delicious and beautiful recipes for Australians to enjoy.