World Breastfeeding Week is an annual celebration and awareness campaign highlighting and recognising the benefits of breastfeeding in communities across the globe.
As the greatest outreach vehicle for the breastfeeding movement, WBW aims to bring breastfeeding to the forefront of community agendas so everyone can be part of the dialogue!
WBW is officially celebrated on 1-7 August every year.
The Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) is Australia’s peak breastfeeding information and support service.
Breastfeeding is a practical, learned skill and ABA helps more than 80,000 mothers each year. ABA also provides up-to-date information and continuing education for thousands of health professionals working with mothers and babies.
For support contact ABA via 1800 686 268 or visit their website Australian Breastfeeding Association.
Child health centres
Your local community nurse can help you learn how to care for your new baby, including breastfeeding.
A lactation consultant helps you with breastfeeding and will help you solve any problem you might have.
They work out of private clinics, maternity hospitals and health centres, and may also make home visits.
You can also chat with your preferred medical provider.
Find World Breastfeeding Week events in your local area
- ALBANY CREEK-CABOOLTURE AND SURROUNDS Thursday, August 4, 2022 – 10:00 North Lakes Community Centre, Cnr The Corso & Endeavour Blvd, North Lakes More details
- GLADSTONE Wednesday, August 3, 2022 – 09:30 Churches of Christ Gladstone 19 Dalrymple Drive More details
- SHERWOOD AND SURROUNDS Monday, August 1, 2022 – 09:30 To be advised More details
- SPRINGFIELD AND SURROUNDS Friday, August 5, 2022 – 09:30 The Cafe Kalina – Kingfisher Drive, Springfield More details
- KENMORE Wednesday, August 3, 2022 – 09:30 The Reserve at AnsteadMore details
- KALAMUNDA Thursday, August 4, 2022 – 09:30 Woodlupine Family Centre, 88 Hale Rd, Forrestfield More details
- SOUTHERN LAKES Monday, August 1, 2022 – 09:00 Beeliar Community Centre More details
- SWAN-MUNDARING Monday, August 1, 2022 – 09:30 4 Mudalla Way, Koongamia More details
New South Wales
- LISMORE Monday, August 1, 2022 (All day)Worldwide More details
- THE HILLS Friday, August 5, 2022 – 10:00 Glenhaven Community Centre, 76 Glenhaven Rd, Glenhaven More details
- WAGGA AND RIVERINA Tuesday, August 2, 2022 – 10:00 Glenfield Community Centre More details
- SOUTH WEST METRO Monday, August 8, 2022 – 10:00 St Elizabeth’s Church hall – car park and entrance off Crew St, Oaklands Park More details
- WESTERN MELBOURNE Friday, July 29, 2022 – 09:30 Newport Hub – Program room 1 – 13/15 Mason St, Newport More details
- Yarra Valley and Surrounds Friday, August 5, 2022 – 10:00TBC More details
- KATHERINE Thursday, August 4, 2022 – 10:00 Katherine Hospital Maternity Ward More details