It’s World Choc Chip Cookie Day on August 4 and we are celebrating it this year by… voting for the best cookies!
Biting into a Chocolate Chip Cookie can transport you straight back to your childhood when the days were long and the milk was cold.
Did you know the first Chocolate Chip Cookie was actually made by accident in Whitman, Massachusetts in 1938, Ruth Graves Wakefield planned on making regular chocolate cookies but got the great idea of throwing in chunks of a chocolate bar into it. Much to her surprise, the chocolate did not mix well with the cookie and instead, it filled up with tasty chunks of chocolate. Thank heavens for dear old Ruth!
Aussies have voted for the best choc chip cookies
Aussie shoppers have voted for their fave choc chip cookies and we are excited to share so you can grab a pack in your next shop.
The Coles Ultimate 40% Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies were voted by over 5,000 consumers to be the favourite in the 2022 Product of The Year Awards.
The indulgent treat is perfect for a post-meal snack or to pack in kids’ lunchboxes. Crunchy in texture and packed full of dark, milk and white chocolate chips, it’s no surprise that consumers loved this product.
Grab yours at Coles today.
We also have what we think is the BEST Choc Chip Cookie recipe.
Peanut Butter & Choc Chip Cookies
Makes: 10 cookies
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Mayver’s Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until the egg and coconut sugar is fully incorporated.
- Place large dollops of cookie dough onto tray using a spoon, ensuring 2cm between cookies.
- Bake cookies for 13 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Remove from oven and enjoy hot or cold!