Making edible playdough is so much easier than making traditional homemade play dough (no cooking!) and way less messy than making slime. Why not get the big kids to help the little kids make it. You can even add extra things like sprinkles and other cake decorating items you might have hiding in the pantry.
- 12 large marshmallows (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 8 to 10 tablespoons of corn flour
- Optional – food colouring
- Place the marshmallows and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until the marshmallows puff up slightly, about 30 seconds. If you’re adding food colouring pop that in now and mix well.
- Add 8 tablespoons of the corn flour and stir until a thick dough forms. Carefully remove it from the bowl to the counter — the dough may still be warm, so use caution. Knead by hand, adding more corn flour, a teaspoon at the time, if needed (up to 6 more teaspoons), until it’s no longer sticky but still pliable. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.