Back to school, means back to racking your brain for lunch box treats the kids will actually eat and not take you hours to prepare. These no-bake snacks are perfect!
- 1 cup ORGRAN Itsy Bitsy Cocoa O’s
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons cranberries
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Mix cocoa O’s, pepitas, cranberries and coconut together in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat sugar, rice malt syrup and dairy-free butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Pour caramel mixture over dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer mix to a small container or tray and press into corners.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins before slicing into ‘bars.’ Store in the fridge or freezer!
Maple ‘O’ Bars
- 2 cups ORGRAN Wholegrain Buckwheat O’s Maple Flavour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or rice malt syrup, for vegan alternative)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place almond butter, honey and coconut oil in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Allow to cool. In the meantime line 20cm x 10cm tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Pour into baking tray. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Place into the fridge for 4 hours. Slice and store in air tight container in fridge.
Seeds & Quinoa Bars
- 200 grams ORGRAN Quinoa Puffs
- 160 grams desiccated coconut
- 80 grams pepita / pumpkin seeds
- 80 grams sunflower seeds
- 260 grams honey (or rice malt syrup, for vegan alternative)
- 180 grams coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Topping – Optional: melted white chocolate to drizzle
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Pour over the wet ingredients (honey, coconut oil, vanilla) and mix until well combined.
- Arrange a tin, lined with baking paper and pour mixture into it. (To ensure mixture sets well, place baking paper over mixture and use a book to press down on it)
- Place into freezer for 3 hours to set.
- Slice and store in containers in freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Quinoa Flake Honey Joys
- 2 cups ORGRAN Quinoa Flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried fruit
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa flakes, dried fruit, hemp seeds, cacao nibs and cinnamon.
- Separately, mix together almond butter, rice malt syrup and coconut oil until smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and fold through, crunching up some of the flakes for extra texture. Hands may be necessary!
- Line a muffin tin with patty cases and scoop the mix into each case. Refrigerate until set. Vegan Honey Joys are now ready to be eaten! Keep refrigerated.