Bonne Maman Conserves are perfect for your breakfast table, afternoon tea or baking. Fancy a treat? Then you must try this delicious Pineapple & Passionfruit Tarte Tatin.
Pineapple & Passionfruit Tarte Tatin
- 1 pineapple or 2 cans of pineapple rings
- Juice of 2 passionfruit
- 50g of brown sugar
- 150g of Bonne Maman Pineapple & Passionfruit Conserve
- 150g of butter
- 1 pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- 2 shots of a liquor- Grand Marnier or a whisky
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Prepare the pineapple by cutting off the tough outer peel. Then use your knife to remove each prick diagonally. Cut in half lengthwise, remove the core and then cut the pineapple into thick chunks.
- Place your sugar, conserve, butter, passionfruit and pepper into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Once fully dissolved, bubbling and starting to caramelise, add the pineapple pieces to the pan.
- Use a spoon to baste the caramel over the pineapples and cook for a few minutes.
- When the caramel is a light golden colour, remove the pineapple.
- Place the pineapple onto a tray whilst you finish the caramel.
- Place the caramel back on high heat and add 2 shots of liquor. Cook for a few minutes until the caramel is dark golden in colour.
- Turn off the heat and place your pineapples into the pan.
- Wrap puff pastry around a rolling pin or bottle of wine to help unwrap the pastry easily over the pan.
- Roll the pastry over your pan. Then roughly tuck the edges under, like you’re tucking someone into bed.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and flaky.
- Place a plate on top of your pan and in one swift move, flip the tarte tatin over to reveal the deliciousness.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some cream. Enjoy!
Recipe By: Jessica Nguyen (@jessica_nguyen_)