Bonne Maman Conserves are perfect for your breakfast table, afternoon tea or baking. Fancy a treat? Then you must try this delicious Rhubarb & Strawberry Pistachio Croissant Pudding.
Rhubarb & Strawberry Pistachio Croissant Pudding
- 3 stalks of rhubarb
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 3-4 tablespoons of Bonne Maman Rhubarb & Strawberry Conserve
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 5 croissants
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup of pistachio nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut rhubarb into 5cm chunks and remove the tops of your strawberries and place into a pot with the conserve and a dash of water. You can add 3-4 tablespoons of the conserve depending on how sweet you’d like the pudding to be as there is no additional sugar in this recipe.
- Bring to a boil and reduce down to medium for 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a microwave for 15 seconds and then grease a baking tin or casserole dish with the butter.
- Cut the croissants into halves or thirds and begin placing into the dish.
- Spoon the strawberry and rhubarb mixture over the croissants and pour in all the juices from it.
- Clean out the pot and then crack the eggs and whisk until combined. Slowly add in the milk and continue whisking for 2 minutes until the mixture is combined and a pale yellow.
- Pour into the baking dish and let the croissants stand for 3 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and scatter half of the nuts over the croissants.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the pudding is set, looks custardy and there is barely any liquid left on the bottom when you wiggle the dish.
- Sprinkle over the remaining pistachios and serve immediately with vanilla ice cream (my pick), double cream or even custard, as well as some fresh strawberries.
- You can also bake this pudding in advance the day before. Simply bake for 30 minutes, allow to cool, cover and place in the fridge. When you want to serve, reheat in your oven for 20 minutes in an oven at 170 degrees celsius and serve!
Recipe By: Jessica Nguyen (@jessica_nguyen_)