A delicious Anzac crumb flavour in the base and sprinkled on top is achieved by using Golden Malt Syrup. Plus you can’t go wrong with adding a drizzle of No Added Sugar Chocolate topping.
Serves: 14 | Cooking Time:1 Hour and 30 minutes
For the sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup Lakanto Baking Blend
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the base
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup packed Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 250g butter, diced
- 4 tbsp Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- For the caramel filling
- 400g homemade sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup
- 60g butter, diced
For the topping
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- ½ cup Lakanto Chocolate Topping
Sweetened condensed milk
- Whisk together milk and sweetener in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisking often, bring to a low simmer. Continue to simmer, whisking often, until milk has reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Once reduced, remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Allow to cool and make tart base
- Preheat Oven to 170C. Prepare a 25cm tart dish with melted butter over all the surfaces or baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the Flour, Lakanto Golden, Rolled Oats and Coconut, ensuring all
the ingredients are well combined and no lumps of sugar remain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat the Butter on a low temperature until completely melted, to this
add the Golden Malt Syrup and the water and whisk until blended through and remove from
- Add the Baking Soda to the butter mixture and whisk until all dissolved.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the melted butter mixture.
- Mix well to combine with a strong spoon. Place 2/3rds of the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly until flat and prepare
the caramel filling
- In a small saucepan or pot combine the homemade condensed milk, butter & golden syrup. Stir over a low to medium heat for 6-8 minutes, until mixture boils, thickens and changes to a slightly darker colour – it may catch so take care to stir constantly.
- Pour the caramel filling over the slice base and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining slice crumbs evenly over the top of the caramel, then press this down with your palms until even.
- Bake the slice for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, the slice will firm up upon standing.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 15 -20 minutes.
- Gently run a knife around the edges before carefully removing tart tin.
- To remove the base simply use two wire racks one on top and one underneath to flip the slice and carefully peel off the base then invert back to the right way up using the same method.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave proof bowl, 20-30 seconds at a time stirring each time until completely melted.
- Add the chocolate topping and mix well.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate all over the tart.
- Slice and serve, it is lovely served warm or cold.