King Charles’ coronation is fast approaching, On May 6, the historic event will kick off and we’ll get to see Charles and his wife Camilla be officially crowned as King and Queen.
In Australia, ABC and ABC News will broadcast live coverage from London from 5pm AEST on May 6.
Channel 7 will also broadcast live coverage.
To celebrate why not whip up this King inspired quiche.
Inspired by the quiche King Charles III chose for his coronation. This simple dish can be made healthy by simply omitting the pastry.
Using frozen broad beans means this dish can be made all year round. In addition to their high protein and fibre content, broad beans are packed with micronutrients like folate, magnesium, and iron, making them one powerful little bean with impressive health benefits. Cook this dish for one, or for many.
Serves 4 | Prep 10 mins | Cook 30 mins
8 large free range eggs
120 ml full fat milk
120 g ricotta cheese, crumbled
80g frozen spinach, defrosted
2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
120 g cheddar cheese, grated
80g broad beans, defrosted and shelled
- Preheat the oven to fan forced 180°C/200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and ricotta together with salt and pepper. Add spinach and tarragon and stir through.
- Place shelled broad beans into an oven-safe dish and pour over the egg mix. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top (some will sink, this is okay).
- Bake until set – about 30 minutes (rotate and check after about 20 minutes, larger batches will need longer).
- Serve with a fresh side salad.
Recipe by Gabrielle Newman, Recipe Creator & Nutritionist at The Fast 800 Programme
If you’d prefer something different try this Spinach and Feta Quiche – MamaMag