Bi-carb soda is great for so much more than just cooking. Did you know you can use it to remove fake tan and even to help relieve sunburn. Find out some other great uses for Bi-carb below…
10 Bi-Carb Soda Beauty Tips
- Fake Tan Remover – Mix half a cup of Bi-Carb Soda with 1⁄2 cup of lemon juice. Apply the paste to the skin and leave for a few minutes. Wipe or rinse off and repeat the process a few times.
- Anti-Dandruff Treatment – Soak your hair in a bowl of warm water with 1 tbs of Bi-Carb for a minute, three times a week initially, then once a month for maintenance. Results will vary depending upon each case.
- Razor Burn Relief – Dab on Bi-Carb solution for instant relief.
- Minimise Blackheads – For problem areas on your face or body where blackheads appear, use Bi-Carb paste and spread over the affected areas. Leave for a few minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
- Remove Hair Product Build Up – Remove unwanted styling product build-up from your hair by washing weekly with 1 tbs of Bi-Carb mixed with your regular shampoo. Rinse thoroughly, then condition and style as usual.
- Facial Wash – Mix 1⁄4 tsp Bi-Carb and your liquid cleanser into the palm of your hand. Make sure it is well dissolved. Apply in gentle circular motions to your face and neck, avoiding the eyes and eye area. Rinse off with warm water. Pat face dry with a soft towel and wipe with a gentle toner.
- Skin Softener – Add a handful of Bi-Carb to your bath water to soften your skin.
- Sunburn & Windburn Relief – Dissolve approx. 100g of Bi-Carb in a tepid bath and soak in the bath for about 15 minutes.
- Soothe Aching Muscles – Add 1⁄2 cup of Bi-Carb to a hot bath and enjoy a long soak.
- Nail Care – Clean fingernails and toenails by scrubbing with a nailbrush dipped in Bi-Carb.
Check out where Mama has been shopping!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the links there is no extra cost to you but MamaMag will be paid a small commission on your sales which helps us to keep MamaMag free!