If you are participating in Dry July this year, you will appreciate these delicious no-alcohol drinks to quench your thirst after a long day.
It’s coming to that time of year again, where many Aussies say goodbye to the booze and go ‘dry’ for July.
About the Dry July campaign
Dry July is a fundraiser that encourages you to go alcohol-free in July to raise funds for people affected by cancer.
The funds you raise as part of your Dry July will provide invaluable services for cancer patients, their families and carers – whether it’s a lift to a life-saving appointment, guidance from a specialist nurse, connection to an informative voice, access to therapy programs or a bed close to treatment.
Numbers speak volumes
Over 400k Aussies have expressed a desire to be more sober-curious in 2023.
This growing trend reflects a shift in societal attitudes towards alcohol consumption, with more people opting to explore alternatives in order to make mindful choices regarding their personal health and wellbeing.
According to recent research from Finder.com, consumption of no-to-low (NOLO) beverages are on the rise – with many venues and bottle shops now offering a wide selection of non-alcoholic alternatives to suit this growing curiosity.
The increasing popularity of the sober-curious movement highlights the importance of providing diverse non-alcoholic options and wider education and support for those seeking to lead a balanced or alcohol-free lifestyle.
A large proportion are exploring non-alcoholic beer alternatives – with 30% of beer sales being from within the non-alc category.
Every beer in the NORT range is 99% sugar free, vegan and under 60 calories, making it the lowest calorie Australian-made non-alcoholic beer in the country – brewed in Newcastle using 100% Green Energy!
NORT has four non-alcoholic vegan varietals, including the Refreshing Ale, Tropical XPA, All Day IPA and the world’s first Pacific Ale.
Whether you’re participating in Dry July or simply like to enjoy alcohol-free substitutes, Fourth Wave Wine’s Plus & Minus and Tread Softly’s zero alcohol range, ‘Everything Except’, offer delicious, innovative, and ultra-convenient alcohol-free alternatives to help support an inclusive and moderate lifestyle and assist consumers in conquering Dry July in style.
Tread Softly Everything Except Rosé: Your Passport to Adventure
Dry July can be a time of joy and discovery – embark on an extraordinary journey with Tread Softly Everything Except Rosé, the perfect companion for Dry July explorers. This alcohol-free drop captures the spirit of adventure, offering a tantalising blend of fruit flavours and a cleansing acidity.
Plus & Minus Prosecco Cans: Elevate Your Social Game
Elevate your social gatherings without alcohol with Plus & Minus Prosecco Cans. This stylish, convenient, and versatile alternative is perfect for those looking to moderate consumption and still enjoy the prefect serve. A blend of citrus and apple combined with grape skin extract create a unique flavour profile that is sure to impress.
Plus & Minus Shiraz: Winter Warmers
For those seeking a warm drop during Dry July, Plus & Minus Shiraz is the perfect cosy companion. Whether you are curling up by the fire or hosting a gathering of loved ones, Plus & Minus invites you to enjoy in the cosy winter moments without the presence of alcohol. This non-alcoholic Shiraz mirrors the depth and complexity of traditional Shiraz, providing a sense of
indulgence with flavours of dark berries and hints of chocolate and vanilla.
Dry July recipes
Take your lemonade to the next level with this simple, all natural recipe.
• 500 ml of sparkling water
• 60 ml of Soda Press Co. Old Fashioned Lemonade syrup
• 6 fresh passionfruit
• 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
• Ice cubes
- Cut the 6 passionfruit in half and pass them through a sieve to extract the juice. Place the pulp aside for at the end.
- In 4 rocks glasses add a few cubes of ice and a teaspoon of the passionfruit juice, 15ml of Soda Press Co. Old Fashioned Lemonade syrup and top with 125ml of sparkling water in each glass.
- Garnish each drink with a sprig of thyme and if you like it pulpy, scoop a teaspoon of the reserved passionfruit pulp over the top.
Herb Infused Sparkling Water
• 1 liter SodaStream sparkling water
• 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs of your choice (for example, mint, rosemary, basil, lavender)
• Add your desired combination of herbs to the bottom of a drinking glass.
• Press and twist the herbs with a muddler or the handle of a rolling pin to release their flavor.
• Add ice, then pour in sparkling water to the top. Stir gently to combine flavors.
Lyre’s Pink London Gin
- 60mL Lyre’s Pink London Spirit
- 30mL cloudy apple juice
- 15mL pomegranate syrup
- 30mL egg whites (or aquafaba chickpea water)
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
Shake brief with ice. Strain into glass.
Garnish, Skewered cherry or dried orange wheel
(RRP $44.99 Pink London Spirit – Available from Woolworths, SansDrinks, Liquor World, Lyre’s.com)