Get the kids out into the garden and busy with a fun DIY Planter Box activity. Gardening is educational and develops new skills including responsibility, discovery and creativity!
DIY Planter Box
What you need:
- Gorilla Glue Clear Grip
- 4x timber lengths cut to size of preference
- Timber garden border roll
- Masking tape
- Weed mat
- Plant/vegetables/herbs of choice
- Lattice plant support (if required)
- Start by positioning your four timber lengths to make a square.
- Glue in place with Gorilla Glue Clear Grip at each corner, holding tightly together with masking tape until completely dry.
- Then glue the timber slat garden to your box, ensure the length of the border is straightened out so it sits nicely against the timber.
- Apply Gorilla Glue Clear Grip to the timbers and press together, clamping in place. Work section by section clamping as you go and giving the glue adequate time to set to ensure a strong bond.
- Once you have made your timber square measure, cut and insert the black weed matting across the bottom, gluing in place to the inside of the box again with the Gorilla Glue Clear Grip.
- Once dry, add in your soil and plants (and lattice, if required).
Gorilla Glue School Holiday DIY Planter Box by Zoe Gilpin (@thediydecorator)
Gorilla Glue products are available at Bunnings, Mitre 10 and Spotlight stores nationally. For more information, visit https://gorillaglue.com.au/